Climate-KIC starts Venture Competition
For the second time the Climate-KIC Venture Competition is taking place. The competition starts at your local Climate-KIC location, Switzerland. In the national preliminary rounds each Climate-KIC location will choose 2 startups that can take part in the international Venture Competition.
During the final Venture Competition twelve startup companies from Europe will pitch their business model to a jury of experienced entrepreneurs, financiers and business people.
Climate-KIC is looking for climate innovation ventures pursuing promising business opportunities in solutions for climate adaptation and / or mitigation. The companies have to have motivated entrepreneurs with an innovative business plan and/or proof of breakthrough technology that has a substantial climate impact. Application deadline is 30 June.
The two selected startup teams (local winners) representing the location receive:
- A voucher of € 20,000 for services at any Climate-KIC core partner in France, Germany, the Netherlands, Switzerland and the UK.
- Support from your local team with the development of your business.
The winner of the Climate-KIC Venture Competition 2012 receives a grant of € 40,000. The runner-up receives a prize of € 20,000. Both winners will get:
- Free access to the Climate-KIC Master class on Business Modelling in Berlin (November 2012).
- Entrance to the EIT Entrepreneurship Competition
- A high level coach and access to the full Climate-KIC network to support you in your quest for funding.
More information on the Website of Climate-KIC Switzerland.
Several start-up awards launched
Registration is open for the Swiss Technology Award and the Heuberger Winterthur Jungunternehmerpreis. And there is still a chance to participate in the next International Create Challenge. The application deadline was postponed to 23 June.
The Editorial Team